Thursday, October 1, 2009

Things Laurel Loves

This post is all about what Laurel loves!

Her "blankey" and "paci" are her biggest loves. She cannot sleep without them! The other night her blanket was in the dryer and we tried to put her to sleep without it...well she cried until it was finally dry and kept crying for it. It was so sad. When she finally got it she buried her face it in saying "blankey" like you would if you found a long lost relative!

Babies! Laurel loves little babies and always wants to "kissy" and "huggie" them. Here she is with two of my old coworkers little babies when they came to visit us during their maternity leave.

Dolls! Here she is hugging the cutest little doll that her Grandma Ellis made. Besides hugging and kissing them she also loves to feed them, put them to sleep, push them in the stroller...and the list goes on!

Slide! Laurel loves slides and I finally got her one for the back porch. Her grandpa Doss watched her while I went shopping and she usually runs right to me when I'm gone and gives me a giant hug. Well, I bought the slide in with me and she ran right to that slide yelling "slide" and climbed right up and started sliding...I never did get that hug!

The lake and her friend Emily! We went to the lake a lot this summer with my friend Connie and her little girl Emily or "Emmy" as Laurel calls her. They really are good friends (well as much as toddlers can be) and play together pretty well (most of the time).

More dolls! She finds them every where; it is so cute how excited she gets every time!

Gymnastics!! This is her biggest love right now (besides her blanket and paci). She runs around like a nut for the whole class. She calls it "nastics" and she loves to get her stamp at the end of class.

Balls! She has so many balls and she loves to "throw", "catch", and "kick" them all the time. She has been getting really mad lately if she can't catch it on the first try! Her favorite thing to do with her balls is take them all to our long hallway and roll them with me.

Trains! She LOVES trains. Real trains, the Thomas train table at B&N, pictures of trains, TV shows with trains...you get the picture. Every time we pass B&N she yells "Thomas" or "Train" and gets so mad when we can't stop. She also yells "train" at some train tracks near our house because we have seen a train crossing several times. She always is so sad when the train is not there! She always says, "home?" because we tell her the train is at home when it is not there, lol.

Shopping in the car cart. I don't know why I haven't been using these all along. Shopping is SO much nicer when she can "drive" herself. Although she does tell me "set, go" everytime I stop!
So here are a few loves in Laurel's life. She has started saying love recently and tells me she loves me so I am very happy...she is the biggest love in my life!

2 comments:

Roban said...

I "love" your post on Laurel's loves! The photographs and your words work together beautifully to capture this moment in Laurel's life. (By the way, she favors you so much!)

I think it's cute that she loves trains.... Hannah wasn't interested in them, but she had a few special dolls she loved. She would also treat anything like a doll.... My perfume bottles became whole families!

Your picture of Laurel with A's and C's babies is so cute, too. I guess Laurel sees herself as a big girl when she's around them.

Any progress in scrapblog? I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Roban

Anna said...

Laurel looks so cute!! That is sweet how she likes babies and dolls, I like that one pic where she's holding a little doll, very excited. I like this post idea, I might have to 'borrow' it; it's easier for to write about Aaron when I have a theme otherwise I'm afraid I'll just go on and on!