Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Fun Filled Saturday!

This past Saturday we had a fun and busy day. First Laurel and I went to a cheerleading competition where I got to see my old cheerleaders I coached in middle school compete. The JV and COED Varsity teams both got 1st place and Varsity were the grand champions over all! It was so fun to see all my old girls and friends from school. Laurel had a great time just running around and climbing the bleachers. She did not want to sit still and just watch the cheerleaders, but she enjoyed dancing to the music and doing "nastics" (gymnastics) on the mats!

Here is Laurel with Brooke. She is the last girl I coached who is still in middle school and she was one of my favorite cheerleaders ever. Laurel had just given her a big hug in this picture after telling some of the other girls, "I shy". I love you girl! :)

Laurel watching the competition for a few seconds.

I really wanted to see a couple teams compete (in which my girls were cheering) so I got Laurel some fries and she sat still for about 10 minutes munching on her fries, yummy!

Playing on the mat between the middle and high school competitions.

After the competition and a quick nap for Laurel we went to Laurel's best friend Emily's 2nd birthday party. This is a picture of Emily right when we got there. Emily and her dad opened the door and Laurel said, "cute!" They are such good friends and Laurel had a great time at her party.

Emily's mom, Connie made this cake. We had been talking about it all week, but I was still amazed when I saw it. Wow!!

Laurel and Emily enjoying a little snack. They look so grown up eating here!

Laurel trying to keep her Elmo hat on. She refuses to wear the chin strap so it won't stay on!

Laurel loved Emily's slide, surprise, surprise!
So altogether a great day, just very busy. I was glad the next day was conference and we didn't have to get up early for church. Laurel and I both slept in until about 9! It was fun, but I'm glad every day isn't that busy!

1 comment:

Roban said...

Cute pictures! One day Laurel may be the flyer! She's definitely into the 'nastics part of it!

At that age, not much can keep their attention.... At least you had a fun day. And that Elmo cake looked yummy!