Thursday, April 1, 2010

Let's Celebrate!!

Everything is loads more fun when you have a toddler in the house and that goes double for birthdays and holidays. Laurel made my birthday so special this year. She sang Happy Birthday to me for weeks before and after; it was so cute. We went to the circus for my birthday and I just loved seeing Laurel so excited. She loved the clowns, juggling, and the animals. I really enjoyed it too, but I'm a kid at heart!

Here is Laurel watching the pre-show on Matt's shoulders, her preferred way to sit lately.

I have never been one to get all into Valentines day but we went all out this year. We gave Laurel a big heart shaped balloon and she played with that thing for weeks until it finally died. We did Valentines crafts for weeks leading up to the day (Laurel still asks to "make a Valentine" all the time) and we made heart shaped cookies and pancakes too.

Laurel loved rolling the dough, cutting out the hearts, and putting on the sprinkles.

Laurel enjoying her pancakes on Valentines morning.

Even St. Patrick's Day is fun! Here is a picture of Laurel dressed all in green and trying to pinch me since I was not wearing green.

Matt and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on March 31st and although I forgot to take any pictures we had a great dinner out (all by ourselves, thanks Dad!) and we actually talked about non Laurel things for most of the dinner. Amazing, I know!

We have Matt's birthday in April and then most of our fun holidays are over for awhile...of course 4th of July will be here before you know it (hopefully Laurel won't be scared of the fireworks this time!).

No comments: