Saturday, April 24, 2010

Easter Fun!


Holidays are so much fun and Easter was no exception. Laurel had a ball with everything. She loved all the Easter egg hunts and dying and decorating Easter eggs. She had so much fun making Easter crafts (although she still asks to make Valentines all the time too). She was so excited for the Easter Bunny to come and bring her Easter basket. She wanted a jump rope so bad (ever since she saw some at the circus) so we got her one even though she is too little to use it right. She jumps and swings the rope around crazily and is happy!

Her favorite thing about Easter was all the candy though. She is still asking for chocolate all the time. Last year she could have cared less and Matt and I ate almost all of her candy but not this year.

We tried to teach her about the real meaning of Easter but she didn't really seem to "get" it. She did so great with Christmas and could understand the whole Santa thing and that we were celebrating Jesus's birth also. She was all about the Easter bunny this year though. I did teach a lesson in Nursery about the real meaning of Easter and when I asked what Easter was about she said Jesus, but that was the only time. Every other time it was the Easter Bunny. She still talks about him (and Santa too).

I took way too many pictures and here are a few of my favorites. Like I said holidays are fun!

The first picture and the two below are pictures of Laurel in her Easter dresses. I don't know how but she ended up with three this year. The first one my mom bought for her.

This one I got for her. I love smocked dresses. They look so sweet on little girls! :)

My Mother-in-law got this one for Laurel. The bunnies are so cute.

Laurel at the church Easter egg hunt.

Making a craft with Daddy.

She found the golden egg!
Showing off her eggs.

Her Easter basket with her eggs and crafts.

Eating a cupcake. I think she liked it!

Laurel had a blast dying eggs. We did it outside so I wouldn't be stressed about the mess. Laurel was covered in dye and it took me a long time to get it all off.

Laurel's Easter basket. The jump rope was a big hit. She really wanted these princess pjs that she saw the other day. We got her a kite (that we have tried to fly twice but can't get it up!). She also got some bubbles, bathtub paint, a book, a mother and baby stuffed duck, bucket and shovel, and lots of candy of course.

Laurel when she saw her basket. She said, "I don't see my jump rope!"

Then she saw it and started to jump. So funny! We really need to get a video of it; pictures do not do it justice.

Then we had an Easter egg hunt with the dyed eggs. Matt hid them in a bunch of funny places and Laurel was loving it.

Finally we went to Matt's parents for a great Easter dinner and Laurel had another Easter egg hunt.

What a fun Easter!

1 comment:

Susan said...

All of Laurel's dresses are beautiful! She is such a pretty and photogenic girl.