Friday, August 7, 2009

First Time in Nursery


Laurel's first time in nursery came just two days after she turned 18 months. Matt and I were so excited to be able to go to class again after months of standing in the hall with her! I was not quite sure how she would react since she is rarely away from me. We took her into the nursery and she walked right in and started dancing.

Then she found the toy cabinet and pulled out almost all the toys.
She was playing happily so Matt and I made our exit. I heard her say, "Mommy?" a few times and then nothing. Matt and I went to Sunday school and were able to actually sit in class together for the first time in forever! We just kept looking at each other and grinning and saying, "Man this is nice!".

Laurel stayed in the nursery for the entire time and behaved very well according to her teacher. She was happy to see us after class and ran outside and started playing like she always does after church.
My sweet baby is getting all grown up!

2 comments:

Roban said...

That IS a big milestone! She looks happy in there. I thinking dancing upon arrival was definitely a good sign! ... and that's so good that you got to enjoy some couple time and rejoin your class....

Hannah experienced separation anxiety for quite a while. I finally began teaching the 2- and 3-year-old Sunday school class (when she was two and three). Then I graduated to the 4s and 5s...

I'm happy to report that at age 13 she goes to her own class now, and I'm not even her teacher!

Grand-Dad said...

She likes new things for sure