Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mommy Wow, I'm a Big Kid Now!

9 months has brought so many changes to Laurel. She is really beginning to become a big kid. She started clapping (she did this all day in music class today) and besides smiling and laughing this is the cutest thing she has done.

Laurel is saying all kinds of words now. I don't think she really understands what they mean, but she is getting really good at copying what we say. She started saying hey and waving at 6 months, but she hasn't said anything else until now. Lately she has been saying dada all the time, but I think she thinks it means man because she is calling all men dada. She has also said dog, bye, no and other simple words like that. I can't wait until she looks at me and says mama!

But the biggest change is that she can stand all by herself! She has been letting go while she was standing for awhile now, but she would always grab back on or sit down. This past week she just started standing like it is no big deal. I've only been able to get a few pictures of her standing and they are not the greatest, but it is just awesome to me to see her standing like a big girl.



I guess walking is going to be coming pretty soon. She has been cruising around the house for awhile now, but I don't know if I'm ready for her to be walking. She is still my little baby!

3 comments:

The Snavelys said...

Oh my gosh she is standing up!!! I can't believe how big she is getting! So cute! :)

Anna said...

Oh wow! Crazy how fast they grow; I don't even want to think of Aaron standing on his own! Makes you want to dig in your heels as time passes by, huh?

Brandi Doss said...

I am so glad we both have blogs so we can see pics of the babies and watch them as they grow. Laurel is so beautiful, and she looks so tall. I think she may be taller than Ari!! Let me know when she starts to walk, it's sad but so fun to see them walk across the room like a little person:)