Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy 4th!!

We had a great 4th of July and I loved seeing Laurel enjoy it so much. Last 4th she was only 5 months old! Our Independence Day celebrations began on Thursday when I took Laurel to get some pictures made in her cute little stars and stripes outfit. On Friday we went swimming during the day and then went to the park in the evening. That was Laurel's favorite part (not surprising!). We then went to see Fireworks which Laurel was not crazy about, maybe next year she'll enjoy them more. They were really loud because we set up our blanket right across from where they were being set off. Saturday we went to Matt's parents house and canned pickles and then picked blueberries. We picked blueberries last 4th too and it was so neat to have Laurel be able to help this year. She ate way more than she picked. When she could not reach the ones on the branches, she just stole berries right out of the bucket! We had a great weekend, but we were all very tired as well! Enjoy a few pictures that I took on Friday (I forgot my camera on Saturday)!

Laurel at the park going down the slides.


Trying to escape so she could go down more slides.


Riding on Daddy.

Watching a dog.

Playing with Daddy's phone while we waited for fireworks!

Laurel being scared at the fireworks :(

I still can't believe that it is already July. Laurel is going to be 18 months at the end of this month! My baby is growing up so fast!

4 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

she's such a cute little girl! we'll have to get one of those sooner or later :) girls are just so fun to dress up!

Candace said...

Yes, girls are fun. I love shopping for her, maybe a little too much as Matt would say! But I think they are much harder when they get to be teenagers. I would love to have a boy as well!

Roban said...

Looks like you had a fun 4th of July with Laurel! She's so cute in these pictures....

I'm glad we found each others' blogs. I enjoy creating my posts and visiting others.... It's a creative outlet I guess. And it looks like you take lots of pictures, so this is a great way to share them with family, too.

Speaking of pictures... Have you ever been to the scrapblog.com site? I've created digital scrapbooks using that site. They recently added page elements that you have to pay for, but if you search for "lowest cost" or something like that, the free things show up.

I have a link to some of my non-Hannah scrapbooks on my blog and can show you the Hannah ones later. Or just search for "Roban" in scrapblog and you'll find me. You can share scrapblogs with family and can print them, too.

Candace said...

Thanks Roban! I will have to try that...I LOVE scrapbooking, but have not tried it on the computer before!