Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Beach Trip!!

We just got back from the beach and we had a great time. We left Friday and came back Monday and it was just what the doctor ordered. The seven hour car trip was not the most fun, but Laurel did really well. She slept the whole way down (we left at night) and about four hours on the way home. She didn't cry at all and hardly fussed either. She was ready to get out that last hour (so was I!) but I kept her laughing by making funny faces. We got to do a lot of neat stuff and it was nice to have Matt around to help out with Laurel during the day.

Here we are at the beach. I enjoyed that way more than Laurel did. I think it was a little loud and bright for her. We really couldn't stay long because I was worried about her getting sunburned.


Here we are on one of our walks (man was it hot!). We found a little park and Laurel went down the slide (with Daddy helping).
We found a little beach with calm waves and Laurel really liked that. She kept trying to "grab" the waves and I really had to hold on tight so she wouldn't dive right in the water!

Laurel loved the sand. She would have played in it forever if we let her. She just kept running her fingers and toes through it.

We had to take off her clothes and hose her down outside she was so sandy! She loved the grass and played happily in it while we de-sanded her.
Laurel also has started crawling (as you can see below) and she gets around great now. It is amazing how fast she is! She has a few bumps on her head from crawling just a little too fast. :(
Sadly, the most fun Laurel had was just playing on the bed with Mommy and Daddy. Hey, we could have done that at home!

2 comments:

Sherri Lynn said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! I like my classes and BYU-I is great. They are starting a new program this year that I get to be a part of and it is great, all about creating disciples and learning better and preparing to be leaders. I really think that President Clark (also a 70) is truly inspired when it come to the curriculum of this school. I just back form geology which was great (that is my major). I have tons of work but I think it is manageable (for now). It is really awesome and funny starting each class with a prayer and having pictures of Christ and Temples in every classroom. My very first assignment for one of my science classes was completely gospel centered, it was really cool. My biggest fear besides failing math is freezing to death this winter!

The Snavelys said...

Yay a trip to Florida! Where did you go? I need to call you soon! Nothing and I mean nothing is going on with us-except for work, work and more work! :)