Tuesday, April 24, 2012

All About the Four Year Old



I'm blessed to have some amazing, talented friends in my life. My friend, Bonnie Cornelius, took some pictures of Laurel to celebrate her 4th year of life and I am in love with them






I interviewed Laurel and here is a little bit about her at age four, in her own words.

Favorite song?: "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." She loves this song and I have to sing  it to her every night before she goes to sleep. She is also obsessed with stars and  space. 

Best  friend?: "Emily and Ashlyn  and all my friends at school. Oh yeah, and Bailey too!" I only asked for one! I'm glad she has so many friends.

Favorite game?: "Duck Duck goose and tag you're it. Hey, let's play that right now! We can scamper around and stuff!" You can probably tell from her game choices she loves to run around and  she has a short attention span. 

Who do you love? "Mommy and Daddy. I love you Mommy even when you are sick. I take care of you and give you soup in my bed." I had a cold when I interviewed her. I've yet to get any soup...

Favorite book?:  "I like Fancy Nancy because she is fancy. She also uses fancy words and I use fancy words too!" Laurel loves to use big words and asks what EVERY word means if she does not know. She will then incorporate it into her vocabulary. Her best word  to date was discombobulated!

And that's a little about Laurel. She is a nut and keeps us on our toes and makes us laugh and I don't think it is possible for us to love her anymore than we do!!


2 comments:

Roban said...

Bonnie and Laurel did a great job; these pictures really are gorgeous. They capture her expressive looks and her joyful personality. The interview is precious, too. What great answers she had. I think having trouble narrowing down her list of friends is great. And Fancy Nancy is one of my favorites, too. It sounds like you have a little wordsmith on your hands. Maybe a future English teacher or writer? Or both?

Anna said...

These pictures are beautiful. And from looking at your recent FB photos you guys seem to be having a fun vacation! Aaron likes to run around, too, and has a short attention span. Must be a 4 year old thing? :)