Sunday, January 8, 2012

Watch Out World!

Laurel got a bike for Christmas. I thought it would be a little while before she really got good at riding it, but she was cruising around like a little pro on the first ride. Looking a picture of her riding makes me a little sad. She just looks so grown! I don't notice it while she is riding though since our driveway is VERY hilly and I'm usually trying to make sure she does not go flying down a big hill and kill herself. Running after her is a good workout, I tell you!

One day I took her bike over to my Dad's neighborhood and she rode in a big flat church parking lot. That was perfect. I wish we had a place like that near us.

Before I know it she'll be going out with Matt on his forty mile bike rides. I swear, she was born, I blinked, and she is almost four years old. Crazy. As Matt and I always say, "Stay little Laurel!" It doesn't seem to be working though.

1 comment:

Roban said...

Just don't blink so much.... I remember running behind Hannah as she learned to ride without training wheels. Now I'm sitting in the passenger seat just weeks from her getting her license. Yikes. They do grow up. Love every minute of it!