Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We dressed Laurel as Pebbles for Halloween this year. Her hair looks just like Pebbles naturally so it was an easy choice for us. My mother in law made the costume and I was really happy with how it turned out. I don't think Laurel really even noticed what she was wearing, but she did notice the bone in her hair. She kept saying, "bone? doggie food!" and probably thought we were nuts for putting a "doggie bone" in her hair.

Here is Laurel and Hank at the Church Halloween Party. They are pretty good friends since they see each other every week in nursery. As you can tell Laurel was checking out Hank's costume in this picture.

Hugging! I had so many cute pictures of them hugging, sweet babies!

Laurel playing one of the games.

Her favorite part of the night, jumping on the trampoline! The big boys were on this all night, but sat down so Laurel could jump for a few minutes. I thought that was so sweet!

Laurel checking out Arrie's costume.

Best family picture we could get...

Laurel trick or treating with Daddy while I handed out candy. She would not say trick or treat, but did say thank you to everyone who game her candy!

Running to show me her loot!

We went trick or treating with our good friends the Englands and a big group of church friends. Here are all the kids (minus a few) ready to head out treating or treating.

The first house we went to and the only time Laurel said trick or treat.

On the way home from trick or treating...Laurel's had a little too much candy? Haha!

2 comments:

Roban said...

Laurel made the perfect Pebbles! I love the bone in her hair. (It's a good thing my youngest dog didn't see it!)

Your Halloween sounds like the many we enjoyed here in our neighborhood. We would gather at one house for a cook-out then pile into the back of a truck for a hayride through the neighborhood. We made a few stops and then got out to trick-or-treat where the houses are closer together. One year Hannah had pneumonia but silly me took her anyway. I made her keep her head and everything under a blanket for the drive through the neighborhood.

I'm glad all of you had a great time!

Roban said...

Yes, it's easy to forget the little blessings we encounter each day.... Finding joy shouldn't be difficult, but on some days, it is!

YOU are one lucky person to be home with Laurel! Remember to find some "me" time to every now and then. A trip to Barnes and Noble was usually my little moment of free time (although Hannah has made more trips there than she would like to count.)

Are you still running?